SATURDAY 26 AUGUST
MOMENTUM: CHAPTER SIX
Ft. Thando, Bonewoman, TomGirl, Niasha, STAV, CoreTet, Beth DJ
This month, Foreign Brothers, PBS 106.7FM Melbourne and our partner Jaben Audio Australia are celebrating the sisters of our scene by showcasing some of our favourite bands and artists. So follow us on this new journey through the sounds of:
– thando is a powerhouse singer blending Alternative R&B and Soul with her live band. Returning to a Foreign Brothers party after selling out countless venues around town, we are in for a memorable dancing experience!!
– TomGirl brings you musical flavours that are Fierce, Fabulous and Funky! After a debut show at the Tote last year and following appearances around town, the elusive 5 piece band will be bringing their magical blend of Desert Rock, Surf and Psych vibes for a late-night experience.
– Bōnewoman are a self-termed Psychic Soul Pop band half hailing from east coast shores of Byron Bay and Melbourne! The band will ease you into the night with their poetic lyricisim, Jazz twists, Psychedelic spurts and RnB beats.
– Niasha is the true definition of dynamite comes in small packages! Singer, songwriter, spoken word poet and much more, this Zimbabwean-born soul performer will surely get you in your feelings as she delves into the topics of love, identity and a fulfilled life. If you’re not convinced yet, just check her sound:
– STAV. writes beautiful, thoughtful and uplifting songs in English, French and Hebrew. Previously touring the East Coast of Australia with her band and starting a solo career overseas performing in Spain, France, Israel and Jordan, STAV is back in Melbourne and will treat us with a solo set to open up the space! https://soundofstav.bandcamp.com/
With BETH AQ from The Breakfast Spread PBS 106.7 holding it down on the 1s and 2s, The CoreTet back in the Public Bar for some late night grooves, Rhys Newling – Photographer on the visual duties and Red Bull on the special drinks, this is shaping up to be another excellent Momentum party. We can’t wait to see you there.